Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween: The Definition of Being a Man


First off, I voted yesterday. All done. Obama has at least 1 vote as do Sen Harkin, Jim Leach and handful of others as well as voting to retain all judges at this time.

Next, I'm reminded of That '70s Show where Red explains to Steven what it means to be a man. Doing things you absolutely loathe because the people you care about most want to do them or share them with you. I'm in that boat tonight. I hate Disney's High School Musical series. The songs are lame. The characters are cliches if not down right racial stereotypes (sans Zac Efron being a scholarship worthy basketball player--any college basketball fan knows if you're not recruited when you're 13/14 there is no way you'll be recruited when you're a Junior in high school). My wife is bribing me with things that I would normally accept, and I stil don't want to do it. I finally caved, went into start my CE work at about 6:45 AM today just so I'll make it on time home to leave. Definitely doing what I don't want to do all around.

No comments: