Monday, October 27, 2008

I can't vote for any canidate for Congressman

I can't vote for either major party canidate for Congressman in the US House of Represenatives. Politically I just can't stand Marienette Miller-Meeks-R. Personally, I'm terribly disappointed in Dave Loebsak-D aka Nutsack!

When my wife was going through the immigration mess, after being told to wait 6 months for a response after being told the response will come in 6 months, and hearing nothing, I wrote a letter to both my Senators, Tom Harkin-D and Charles Grassley-R. Within 1 week I got calls, emails and letters form Sen Harkin's office. Within 3 weeks I got calls and letters from Sen Grassley's office. Grassley's staffers even apologized for not responding sooner because it went through the Washington office first before coming back to the Cedar Rapids office. Essentially they got the same responses that we got. They said this is infuriating/not right/all the things my wife and I were feeling with the process. Did it resolve anything? No. Did it make us feel better? YES. Immensely.

What did Dave Nutsack's office do? 6 months later, after the initial letters and 4 months after my wife received her Green Card/Permament Resident Status, Nutsack's office sent this tirade email on how Nutsack will fight illegal immigration. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? What the hell does her green card application have to do with illegal immigration???? Nutsack lost my vote for forever.

I think on election day (or early voting) I'll write in the name of the person Nutsack defeated in 2006 for this seat, Jim Leach, the founding member of the Obama-icans. At least his views are compatible for this area, and he's seeing beyond the direction of his party.

No comments: